0121 743 2018

25 Cranes Park Road

Birmingham, B26 3SE

Call Us

0121 743 2018




Consultations with the doctor or nurse are by appointment. Please try to plan ahead where possible.

A number of appointments may be booked in advance up to 3 months ahead. Others are booked on the day. Please call or telephone between 09:00 & 12.00, 14.00 to 18.30 (only Thursday 9.00 to 12.00) for an appointment  Please make a separate appointment for each person to be seen. 


In cases of serious illness, there is always a doctor on duty. A telephone answering service may intercept your call and give you the number of the duty doctor.

Practice  Nurses

In a number of cases it might be worth considering an appointment with the Practice nurse rather than the doctor. The Practice nurse is qualified to deal with many conditions and you may be seen more quickly.

Telephone Advice

If you feel you need to seek the advice of a doctor or nurse, telephone consultations are available.


If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.

Whilst we encourage our patients to come to the surgery, where we have the proper equipment and facilities available, we do appreciate this is not always possible. In this respect, if you do need a home visit, you can help us by calling reception before 10:00am.

You may only request a home visit if you are housebound or are too ill to visit the practice. Your GP will only visit you at home if they think that your medical condition requires it and will also decide how urgently a visit is needed. Please bear this in mind and be prepared to provide suitable details to enable the doctor to schedule house calls

You can also be visited at home by a community nurse if you are referred by your GP. You should also be visited at home by a health visitor if you have recently had a baby or if you are newly registered with a GP and have a child under five years.

Sickness Certificates

You do not require a doctor’s sickness certificate for any illness lasting seven days or less. Your employer may however require you to complete a self-certification form (SC2) which is available from your employer or on the HMRC website.

Evidence that you are sick

If you are sick for more than seven days, your employer can ask you to provide medical evidence to support sick leave or payment of SSP (statutory sick pay). Your GP will issue a sick note / medical certificate if you have seen him for the illness or he has evidence that you had seen an other doctor (in the practice, urgent care centre hospital or elsewhere) for this.

It is up to your employer to decide whether you are incapable of work. A medical certificate, now called a ‘Statement of Fitness for Work’ (see below) from your doctor is strong evidence that you are sick and would normally be accepted, unless there is evidence to prove otherwise.

You could also provide evidence from someone else e.g. dentist or hospital doctor who has treated you. If your employer has any doubts, they may still ask for a medical certificate from your GP.

Statement of Fitness for Work – ’Fit Note’

The ‘fit note’ was introduced on 6 April 2010. With your employer’s support, the note will help you return to work sooner by providing more information about the effects of your illness or injury.

For more information see the DirectGov website (where this information was sourced).